I got a call from Jacobson from Livi Management. I have 20 years of experience with REO industry and I am listed on it as well. When he called, he sounded confident about the property he was talking. He explained that his company was responsible for the one of the bank listed properties in my area. He further asked, if I was interested in advertising for that property.
This is my bread and butter, and this is what I do. However, I knew the basics of verification. The first question that came to me was my leaked number. I asked how he got that information about my contact details. He said that he found my number listed in REO directory. I accepted that answer. I thought that he was legit and further wanted to know about the details of the property.
He said that I could opt for the yearly package where I will be assisted with these kinds of asset and it would further help me in making profits. He asked me to make a payment of $349. After the payment, he promised to send the list of properties that I would be handling for advertising.
I was pretty impressed by the way he sounded. It felt as if he knew what needed to be done. I informed that I would be happy to assist with the bank owned asset and would reach there in 24 hours to assess the occupancy of that place.
I made the payment as well to get access to the platform of REO. In my 20 years of experience, I have worked with companies like this and I have made profits out of it, so it was not at all unusual to me. But, Livi Management was a new name to me and I wanted to make sure that my credit card information and other details are in right hands.
He asked me to follow up emails for all the updates about the property. Within 24 hours, I provided BPO with occupancy. It was before the holidays. He replied to my mails promptly. After holidays, things changed. He stopped providing updates and was not answering my emails either.
I tried to reach him two times on phone as well. But, he did not answer. Hence, I checked the title again and was shocked to see that there was a transfer of asset done by the end of December. And the property was listed in the name of a private individual.
I finally, mailed Martin Jacobson about the same and left a voice mail as well. He replied to me with an email stating that he would look into the matter, the first thing. That was the last email. It has been more than a week and I have not received any update on the name transfer.
I am sure that Martin duped me into believing that the property belonged to REO. I think, it was never listed with REO. He made me pay for an annual plan that is most likely worth nothing.
230page views and 349$ of monetary losses. The most of the users reported the severity of the scam is high.